Our Hilford professionals will give you packing techniqueswhen they check your packed boxes and if it
is their opinion that items are improperly packed or cartons are susceptible to damage, they may ask you to re-pack
these items. This is done to ensure safe transportation.
- Provide plenty of cushioning by packing loosely crumpled, plain newsprint in the bottom of boxes - leave
room at the top for more crumpled paper
- Wrap all fragile, breakable items in paper before packing them in boxes
- Pack large and heavy items first, smaller items next, filling in all empty spaces with plain newsprint
- Use only sturdy cartons that can be easily closed (don't over stuff), then tape top seams securely - do not
use plastic containers to pack your belongings
- Label boxes clearly: Your name, room where the box should go in your new home and a brief description of
For a room-by-room description of these techniques, click here for our "Packing Techniques Guide."