Tips for Packing: The Right Stuff
Allied has a wide range of boxes and professional packing materials available for purchase to help you organize
and safeguard your belongings, including:
- Dishpack (or China Barrel): Heavy duty carton used for dishes/china, crystal and
- Double-wall cartons: Extra protective cartons made especially for fine china,
crystal, and other high-value, hard to replace items
- 1.5 cu. ft. cartons: Small carton for heavy items such as books, files, music CDs
and DVDs/video tapes
- 3.0 cu. ft. cartons: Medium utility carton often used for pots and pans, toys,
and small appliances
- 4.5 cu. ft. cartons: For bulky items, such as linens, towels or toys
- 6.0 cu. ft. cartons: For large, bulky, or lightweight articles, such as pillows
or large lampshades
- Wardrobe cartons: A "portable closet" that keeps clothes or draperies hanging on
a built-in bar
- Mirror cartons: Several sizes of telescoping cartons for framed pictures, mirrors
- Mattress cartons: Available in queen/king, double, single (twin) and crib sizes.
A separate carton is necessary for box springs
- Stretchwrap: A special plastic covering that safely adheres to furniture and
protects it from snags, tears, and dirt
Use newspaper only for cushioning-never place newspaper aginst items as the ink will rub off. It can get
embedded in fine china, so be wary!
To see all of the boxes and supplies and to get a free estimate of packing materials you'd need to purchase, click
here. Free delivery is provided.