Tips For Packing Electronics
When packing electronics like a large screen TV or anything else electronic:
- If you no longer have the original carton and packing materials, carefully pack the item in a sturdy carton
that has been lined with newsprint or styrofoam "peanuts"
- Securely seal the carton and mark the outside "Extremely Fragile"
When packing your personal computer, printer, scanner, or other equipment:
- Disconnect and mark all wires and cables for easy assembly
- Detach paper holders/feeders from printers and wrap monitors and additional hardware as you would other
- Remove toner and ink cartridges
- Back up all of your computer files on DVDs or other file storage disks/devices
- Consult your PC user manual for additional instructions and precautions